- Banjiro Uemura establishes TFC in central Tokyo, Japan.
Embarks on a Japanese dubbing business with TV movies such as HIGHWAY PATROL.
Begins distributing foreign feature films and TV dramas to Japanese TV networks.
Launches Japanese TV drama production with the series ONNA NO BUKI, followed by other titles such as MUHOMATSU NO ISSHO and SENGOKU GUNTODEN (“The Saga of the Vagabonds”).
- Shin Nihon Films becomes part of the Group, leading the way into the TV commercial production business.
- Distributes the puppetry special effects TV series THUNDERBIRDS to NHK.
- Enters the post-production business with the founding of TV-Technica Inc.
Begins sales of visual media equipment with the founding of Video Graph.
- Acquires National Azabu Supermarket, marking the entry into the retail industry.
- Opens a New York office, establishing a base for foreign film acquisition as well as the production of TV commercials in the USA.
- Distributes the Hollywood feature film A BRIDGE TOO FAR.
- Coproduces the Japan-U.S. film SHOGUN, in partnership with Paramount, Toho and TV Asahi.
- The mini-series SHOGUN, broadcast in 1980, wins multiple Emmy Awards and Golden Globes.
- Establishes Cente Service Corp. in Los Angeles.
- Nibankohboh Productions Corp. becomes a part of the Group, expanding production of TV commercials.
Enters the field of CG production.
- Establishes Star Channel as a joint venture, marking the entry into the broadcast business.
Begins sales promotion operations. It becomes the foundation of the promotion division.
- Japan Color Movie Co., Inc. becomes a part of the Group, expanding production of TV commercials.
Sets up Omnibus Japan Inc., beginning full-scale post-production operations.
- Starts Super Channel, a foreign TV drama channel.
Establishes Todoroki Satellite Center, a satellite transmission facility.
Produces the animated theatrical film PATLABOR.
- Japan Color Movie Co., Inc. becomes Nitten Alti Creatives.
- Establishes Digital Egg Inc., a joint venture with Dentsu Inc.
- Starts Family Gekijo, a TV channel.
Founds Visual-Techno Academy, entering the educational field.
- Starts Classica Japan, a TV channel.
- Launches the History Channel in Japan as a joint venture with A+E Television Networks.
Produces the animated theatrical film SPIRITED AWAY with Tokuma Shoten and Nippon TV.
Produces the theatrical film ONMYOJI ("The Yin-Yang Master").
- Listed on the JASDAQ stock market.
Completes new headquarters building in Akasaka, Tokyo.
- Awarded the ACC Grand-Prix (now known as the Prime Minister's Award) at the CM Festival (now known as the ACC Tokyo Creativity Awards), organized by ACC (All Japan Confederation of Creativity) for the first time in 2003, followed by 2004, 2006, 2009, 2014, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Starts The Cinema channel in partnership with Sky Perfect Communications (now known as SKY Perfect JSAT Communications).
Sets up TFC Plus Corp., entering the fields of talent management for cinematographers and equipment rentals.
- The Igo & Shogi Channel, Inc. (formerly known as Satellite Culture Japan Co., Ltd.) becomes part of the Group.
- A new branch store of the National Azabu Supermarket opens.
Establishes Office PAC, a talent management company for voice actors.
- Nitten Alti Creatives, rebranded as Lift Inc. in 2009, becomes Soda! Communications, Inc.
National Trading, Inc., a consolidated subsidiary, spins off sake production and sales operations, establishing Kimura Brewery, Inc.
- Starts an academic-industry course in collaboration with the Nihon University College of Art.
- Awarded Production Company of the Year in the Special Awards category at ADFEST 2015.
- Establishes a business alliance with Trenders, Inc.
Establishes a business alliance with Nekojarashi, Inc.
- Launches Star Channel 4K and The Cinema 4K.
Invests in THReee entertainment.
Enters into a capital alliance with Mobercial Co., Ltd.
- Establishes a business alliance with AID-DCC Inc.
Wins the Spike Palm Awards 1st place (Production of the Year) at Spikes Asia 2019.
Establishes WTFC Inc., a joint venture with Whatever Inc.
- Establishes a business alliance with monopo inc.